You will be delighted to hear that St. Andrew’s is to be allowed to open for private prayer, with rigorous, but sensible, restrictions, designed to reduce the risk of the pandemic spreading amongst our community.
- The church will be open from 10 a.m. to 12 noon for private prayer on Saturdays and Tuesdays, starting on Tuesday 16th June.
- Please do not come to the church if you have any COVID-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or loss of taste or smell, or have been in contact with any infected person.
- Entry will be only through the North Door.
- On entry and departure, please sanitise your hands.
- Face masks or other suitable covering for mouth and nose must be worn at all times.
- Try not to touch your face or any surface unnecessarily
- Social distancing (2 metres) should be observed at all times, inside and outside the church.
- Only designated pews in the main aisle will be used, in order to maintain correct social distancing.
- Only members of the same household may sit together.
- Please do not attempt to go into any other part of the church.
- In order to avoid potentially hazardous cleaning, the toilet will not be open.
- Please note that the pew Bibles will not be available. If you wish to use a Bible or prayer book, please bring your own.
These procedures will be reviewed regularly in accordance with Church of England/Government guidelines, which currently advise that people over 70 and others who have underlying health issues should continue to exercise extreme caution.